Tuesday, February 20, 2007

And you wonder why we are the way we are?

Here's a fun email from Lynda Kay Vaughn, from a few years ago... along with this picture with an interesting history.



"I do not know if you have ever been told about the double relation on Marquis and Pearl's family side. I am attaching a picture of Charles and Myrtle (Sissy) Parr Gee. (Original was borrowed from Bernadine Parr Carter.)

According to a reliable source… Charles was a brother to Pearl Gee Parr and Myrtle was a sister to Marquis Parr Charles and Myrtle had one child....Mary Ann Gee Shay who married Alan Shay.

Mom and Aunt Bernadine figured out that the Parr girls and Mary Ann were actually the same as sisters because of this double relationship.

So that makes my grandpa also my uncle, and his brother-in-law (my dad) my nephew… which makes Uncle John really my son, and makes me… my brother’s keeper. I think.

Well, at the very least it may explain why the person in the mirror looks so much like me."

**************************

[Thanks for the accurate portion of the info, Lynda... and for the laughes ! It does explain a lot about us all, doesn't it?]

No comments: